CTFE Status 2

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 20 18:33:59 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 16 February 2017 at 21:05:51 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> [ ... ]

I just figured out howto fix the defaultArg situation.
We just have to check at or slightly before we emit the Call
instruction,
if we have enough arguments for the function.
If we don't we pull the missing ones from the default arguments.
This does have the problem that we can generate the same default
once per call.
However we would have the same problem if a user typed the
default argument manually.

Therefore I argue we should emit the code rather then demanding
something clever from the backends.

Clever is usually the opposite of smart :) (In those kinds of
things)