dmd -betterC

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 21 06:21:28 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 at 23:43:47 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Those strings eat up space and are of pretty marginal utility.
> Don't want to make assert's so bloatsome that people are
> discouraged from using them.

Ah, so that's why you exclude the strings in -betterC whose main
reason for existing is targeting resource-limited
microcontrollers, yet include them now in a default build, which
is aimed at main computers with gigabytes of space. I understand
now.

...oh wait it currently does EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. If you are
seriously concerned about the bytes, why include them in -betterC?