How can I use ldc2 and link to full runtime on arm with no OS

Mike via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 21 20:54:33 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 21 June 2017 at 22:11:04 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:

> This way, you'll end up having to port all of druntime to your
> target, though, only to then throw away considerable amounts of
> work that went into the parts you don't want to use.

You are correct, but if you omit certain parts of the runtime,
you end up with things like these:

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2174
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/552
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/781

The compiler and druntime are too tightly-coupled to make
pay-as-you-go D development practical.  Some support to remedy
that would be most welcome.

Mike