Go 1.9

Bienlein via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 22 00:15:26 PDT 2017

> I suspect though that like Go took Python more than C folk,
> Kotlin Native will take more Java that C++, Go and Rust folks.
> But speculation rarely turn out quite as speculated.

In Java development there is almost no C or C++ and no Rust or D
at all. Memory is no problem. Some server needs 256 GB RAM or
maybe 512 GB? That's not an issue anywhere. As long as you get
the performance through parallelisation there is no need for C or
C++.

You won't meet any Java EE archtitecture that will do anything
else than fight against calling C, C++ routines from Java. That
is only done in some very exceptional cases.

The days of languages for systems programming are over. There are
only very few people that need such a language. That is why D
really needs a decent GC, otherwise it won't find any users that
would do production systems with it.