DIP 1009--Improve Contract Usability--Preliminary Review Round 1

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 22 09:28:40 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 01:33:17PM +0000, Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Regarding the location of contract checking: Yes, though I agree with
> him that a fix for that need not be part of this DIP. If this DIP
> cleanly separates contract specification from contract implementation,
> we can address it separately.
[...]

Not to mention, if we restrict the scope of this DIP to just syntax
improvement, it stands a better chance of being accepted by Walter &
Andrei. Stuffing too many things into it stands the risk of having the
whole thing rejected because of just one or two items that they deem
undesirable.

Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth. -- Alan Watts