dlang website design

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 22 23:15:46 PDT 2017

> What would you change on dlang.org? Completely overhaul
> everything, or just adjust the wording and other details to be
> more targeted at newbie programmers?

IMHO, if dlang.org had more or less the same graphic design as
python.org, the text blocks under the code carousel should be
reduced to just what is required to convince people that D :

1. is a great scripting language, very simple to learn and even
more productive than Python or JavaScript.
2. is a great programming language, delivering high performance
applications with a better expressivity than C++.
3. is easy to download, install and get started.
4. has great documentations and a lot of tutorials, both for
inexperienced and experienced programmers who want to quickly
start developing scripts or GUI applications.

I know that when I carefully read the current dlang.org page, I
can get this information.

It's just that I think that python.org is more effective at
conveying their main messages with much less text.

For more details, you are invited to click on the links.