dlang website design

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 22 23:49:21 PDT 2017

> You talked about how python.org is good, but what is bad on
> dlang.org? How does it fail where python.org succeeds, and how
> do we fix it?

On Linux Mint's software manager, about DMD, we can read :

"D is a systems programming language. Its focus is on combining
the power and high performance of C and C++ with the programmer
productivity of modern languages like Ruby and Python."

So I'm not saying that dlang.org is bad.

I'm just saying that :
1/ it's not especially obvious that D is also an easy to learn
scripting language.
2/ I think that python.org's website is quite efficient at
convincing people that it could be worth giving it a try.

But maybe dlang.org's current design is much better according to
how you want it to be perceived.