dlang website design

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 23 00:44:36 PDT 2017

> Huh? You were asked about concrete action points that in your
> PoV would improve dlang.org. You can't just say "make it (like)
> python.org" ;-)
> Could you maybe try to be a bit preciser and create a more
> detailed lists of points on how you would improve dlang.org?

Sorry I can't.

Make it look more like "python.org" is just and exactly what I
mean.

For instance, D is the only scripting language I would use
nowadays.

BUT I would not take the risk to use D instead of C++ to develop
games for instance.

D is actually quite easy to sell a scripting language.

Convincing people to use D instead of C, C++, Java or C# is
another thing.

In my personal case, selling D as a better alternative to Python,
JavaScript or Ruby would have just needed a well chosen snippet
of simple code, which shows me that indeed D is some kind of
strongly-typed JavaScript, à la TypeScript, which is both easy to
learn and use.

And I believe that "python.org" is currently more convincing for
"low-profile" programmers/scripters than "dlang.org".

Just look at the code snippets...