dlang website design

Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 23 02:48:16 PDT 2017

On Friday, 23 June 2017 at 08:29:33 UTC, cym13 wrote:
> On Friday, 23 June 2017 at 07:44:36 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
>>> Huh? You were asked about concrete action points that in your
>>> PoV would improve dlang.org. You can't just say "make it
[...]
> Problem is, low profile programmers aren't the most interesting
> target for D right now....
[...]
Two ideas:
A) place a changing slogan (like the changing code snippets) with
short arguments - sometimes a joke or. comic from the community.

Examples:

I think that I can safely say that nobody understands C++
template mechanics.
  (From the "famous" Richard Deyman
https://dlang.org/spec/template.html)

Memory safety will kill C.
Walter Bright Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo6Q2vB9AAg&t=24m15s

The Evolution of Programmers:
:C
:C++
:D

(From the Forum + Alis talk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEKEIpM2zo)

Time is Money - Time is live ... Manu... (please make it complete)

80%-90% of the web is based on interpreting languages, is there
no alternative to this waste of CPU, Time and Energy?  Vibe.d !
https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/pl-php/all/all
http://vibed.org/
EmTee

B) Idea please think about an explain flag / link beside the code
examples,
because if you don't know the foo!baz(value) syntax.
The ! is uncommon, I first thought it is like in the "gsub!"
expression in ruby...
but could not bring it together...:-)