dlang website design

Wulfklaue via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 23 07:46:21 PDT 2017

On Friday, 23 June 2017 at 13:29:29 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:

> That's why I'm in favor of adapting some thirdparty librairies
> so they become pre-installed standard librairies (std.web,
> std.ui, etc).

Will not happen. I read too many threads already where this was
mentioned and it always got shot down. From coding styles, to
maintainers etc ...

I have always been a believer that a good system has the most
used technology as its core library, so the developers are sure
that this tech will be supported. But between believing in
something and reality, there are major differences.

Lets assume vibe.d does not get supported anymore or simply
updates take longer and longer. When its a 3th party library, one
can kick and scream but nothing will change this. As a core
library, you expect there to be is a sense of responsibility and
also more usage, that can justify having more maintainers.

But one only need to look at the std.xml library. And the
std.experimental modules that got stuck there for years ( what
demotivates the developers ).

The issue is and will always be that 3th party modules are more
in danger that the main developer will lose interest or has too
much work in his private life. Unfortunately, D has only so may
core developers so you have the same issue on the std library.

Maybe i am the crazy guy but i prefer to write my own
functionality. Maybe take inspiration from how other people solve
the issues but only focusing on what i need. Its not efficient
but it bypasses the whole 3th party issue. One does not need to
learn a new style, you know the code in and out ...