Dub

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 23 08:48:25 PDT 2017

On Fri, 2017-06-23 at 14:20 +0200, Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> Am 23.06.2017 um 12:38 schrieb Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d:
> > 350 issues, 42 pull requests. I have to admit I am shocked.
> >

> It really shows that I have very little time left for DUB at the
> moment.
> Unfortunately the contributor/user ratio of vibe.d is very close to
> zero
> and even just one additional part-time PR reviewer makes a huge
> difference.

If Dub is to be central to D, then I suggest it cannot rely on a single
person, even as the final committer. Is there a Dub team? If not can I
suggest this needs to be created as soon as possible.

When I have finished this round if fiddling with SCons and it's D and
Clang support, I can certainly chip in looking at issues and pull
requests. I guess I have to really given the hassle I have been giving
Dub in my rants.

PS We need simple distinct names for Dub the tool and Dub the
repository. Rust has Cargo and crates.io. The trouble is code.dlang.org
doesn't quite roll off the tongue.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk