Dub

basile b. via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 23 09:35:08 PDT 2017

On Friday, 23 June 2017 at 10:38:23 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> 350 issues, 42 pull requests. I have to admit I am shocked.

https://github.com/dlang/dub/graphs/contributors?from=2015-06-23&to=2016-06-23&type=c

https://github.com/dlang/dub/graphs/contributors?from=2016-06-23&to=2017-06-23&type=c

Shows that the activity got lower last 12 months compared to the
same period last year. (186 commits vs 288 commits, mostly
explained by less commits from Ludwog S., as he noted in this
topic)

But D does not get less popular so this leads to an expected
growth of issues reported.
Other fact: people don't close their "BS" issues. When they are
in front of a problem they got angry and report/ask a Q. without
thinking more and never come back. Among 351 issues 12% are
certainly to be closed, examples:

- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/353
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/326
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/295
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/524
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/415 (imo)
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/615
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/606
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/626
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/736 (this is a dup)
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/729
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/789 (because of IDEs and
many debates here)
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/867 (stick to semVer and
other FR exists)
- https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1018 (FR exists that ask
for -b and -a)
- etc

All non-trivial projects have this problem. Issues are not well /
not aggressively-
enough managed.