Go 1.9

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 23 23:42:06 PDT 2017

On Friday, 23 June 2017 at 22:38:29 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> On Friday, 23 June 2017 at 21:31:00 UTC, Araq wrote:
>>
>> That's just "I looked at the websites, never used these tools
>> in practice but found them convincing" phrased differently to
>> pretend you have an argument.
>>
>> The success of Go strongly indicates people generally don't
>> connect Java/C# to "native code" or "slim binaries without
>> dependencies", whom are you kidding here.
>
> You are right, it was a mistake to come back to these forums,
> after the GDC announcement.
>
> Looking forward to see blazing fast D applications on the
> Windows store.

Just FYI, Araq is the author of Nim (https://nim-lang.org/), so
I'm sure he didn't have any intention in making D look good ;)

On the other hand, I think he made good technical arguments,
(leaving
aside his Ad Hominem way of expressing, which I think was out of
place) which I think you should actually consider.