dlang website design

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 24 11:17:42 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 24 June 2017 at 18:10:54 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 23 June 2017 at 18:26:43 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
>> I'm also in favor that some of your personal developments be
>> converted into std libs.
>
> Eh, std libs is where you lose me. I don't mind offering a
> "just works" dmd download on my website, with my packaging dmd
> for some particular purposes, or on the official site, that
> includes all the stuff. But I have no interest in being part of
> Phobos and losing control of my projects.
>
> Now, I think Phobos should be open to those things, where the
> modules are owned by third parties and just packaged as a
> standard library. The phobos devs might fork it or whatever, of
> course, but this would be more like a Linux distribution than a
> corporate merger - the individual packages in a Linux distro
> are still owned by outside parties, and the distro maintainers
> just bring them in and might slightly modify them to fit their
> thing better.
>
> From the user side, it looks like a traditional std lib, but
> from the developer side, it is more of a bazaar than a
> cathedral.

what is the barest minimum we need to enable that?

someone to organise conventions about module organisation and
some kind of package grouping in dub?  so you can specify
"adamandfriends" as a dependency to bring in the repackaged
library under that group name?  like yum groupinstall 'blahblah'
but more personal.