Sponsorship [Re: Go 1.9]

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 24 14:56:20 PDT 2017

On 6/24/17 1:11 PM, Wulfklaue wrote:
[snip]

Thanks, this is a good point. The bountysource has been tried by
Facebook (with D and other projects) and was deemed unsuccessful. It may
be the time for trying a new angle on bountysource though.

We'll look into defining a page listing existing sponsors (though the
majority by monies are anonymous) and a simple method to donate on the
website.

> Electronic wire transfer or bank check *bwahaaha*. What are we: 1980?

What other methods of payments do you have in mind?

> Even worse, "Wire transfer information will be announced soon.". How
> long as that text been there???

That's not much to worry about - we did have a few wire transfers; it's
not like people who want to wire us money have difficulty reaching us
for details. Nevertheless we need to update that.

Thanks,

Andrei