Go 1.9

Michael via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 25 10:21:06 PDT 2017

On Monday, 19 June 2017 at 15:07:12 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> On Monday, 19 June 2017 at 13:24:00 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
>> The former is not a problem for D, but the latter…
>
> Disagree. One of D's biggest competitive advantages is fast
> compilation of fast code. If other languages become as fast or
> faster than DMD in compilation speed then that's a big problem.

I think the problem with this is that compilation speed being the
no. 1 selling point requires people to invest in large projects
in order to reap the benefits. However, if you fail to draw them
in to begin with, then they're not going to commit to a large
enough project to benefit enough from improved compilation speed.