D Milestones

Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 26 03:14:08 PDT 2017

I think it would be good for all which want to invest their time
in learning D to know more about the history and probably the
future of D.

So I propose to make a new page for dlang.org:

History and Future of D.

Where the most important and interesting dates are collected,
showing the progress of the last years.

If there is already such a page please tell me. (OK may be the
Wikipedia page)

1999 Start of Development by Walter Bright
2007...Date? Release of D 1.0
201?...Date? Release of D 2.0
2009    Release of:  The D Programming Language 1st Edition by
Andrei Alexandrescu

2015-08-19 Release of:  Programming in D: Tutorial and Reference
by Ali Cehreli

.........  D Language Foundation setup.

2016 The D Language Foundation became a tax-exempt non-profit
organization

2016 DLang Tour online?

2017.... DMD 100% free

          DCompute (GPU-Computation) in LDC

2017.... GDC to be included in GCC

What should be in the list:

New layout of dlang.org?

DUB + code.dlang.org official?

Vibe.d first public release?

First Dconf ?

The release Days of the other D books! Adam + Kai + Mike +?

New DIP Process?

D Blog since?

Adams Week in D since?

Forum = Mailinglist + Newsgroup + Website since?

Please post your dates, of exceptional occurrences which you
think should be highlighted here.

I would try to collect this dates and put them in the D Wiki,
with as many links to the different recourses as possible. If it
is a good read it might get a direct link from the Dtour or the
homepage.

Regards mt.