What are the unused but useful feature you know in D?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 26 09:10:01 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 02:39:30PM +0000, Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Monday, 26 June 2017 at 14:17:26 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>

> > So here's how I'd do it:
> >
> > 1) Add the opposite attributes: `impure`, `throws`, `@gc`, etc.
> > 2) Add the module version thing that changes defaults on request
> > 3) imagine more potential going forward
> >

> > It isn't even hard.
>
> And along with that a compiler switch to enable strict mode by
> default.
>
> If you, or anyone else, is willing to put this in DIP form, I'll
> gladly do what I can to help minimize the effort required to write it
> up. This is something I'd love to see.

Yes, please do!  If we can push this through, D could be in a much, much
better place in a few years' time!

Actually, couldn't we use the same versioning mechanism for *most* of
the proposed changes that are currently turned down because they would
break too much code? Using this versioning would allow us to introduce
breaking changes in an opt-in way, thus allowing codebases the needed
time to migrate.

MACINTOSH: Most Applications Crash, If Not, The Operating System Hangs