What are the unused but useful feature you know in D?

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 27 12:44:56 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 at 19:06:19 UTC, Random D user wrote:
> On Monday, 26 June 2017 at 22:17:00 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
>>
>> Except Rust is in exactly the same boat as D, because the same
>> issues that apply to `@trusted` apply to `unsafe`, as well.
>
> Hmmm, I guess that's true. I don't really know a lot about
> Rust. Their safety story just sounds way more convincing and
> believable than D's. It would probably be the first language
> I'd look into if I was interested in low level safety critical
> code.

The power of having plenty of money to pay for (viral) marketing.
Or in short: Propaganda.
Rust is a good PL, but in practice it isn't significantly safer
than @safe D in my experience.
And you pay for that small difference dearly with productivity
decrease (even after becoming comfortable with the borrow checker
system).