Let's paint those bikesheds^Werror messages!

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 27 13:35:01 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 at 20:19:14 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> I would argue pretty strongly that this should be toned down as
> much as possible.

 From the perspective of a personal preference, or an objective
analysis? It sounds like the former but isn't worded as one.

> All example schemes in the PR so far don't seem to add any real
> readability value overall.

Readability and aesthetics are distinct goals!

> Using a uniform dark gray background color for code could then
> solve two issues: visually separating text from code and
> avoiding the problem with differently configured default colors
> in the terminal.

Fairly sure painting parts of a line with a dark gray background
is not going to look great on an otherwise dark-on-light
terminal. The terminal excerpt blocks on dlang.org look kind of
jarring already: http://dlang.org/dmd-windows.html#library