Let's paint those bikesheds^Werror messages!

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 27 15:19:09 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 at 22:12:42 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> [...]

(snip - as it boils down to needing a concrete proposal)

> But it seems like the solution for that is to use saturated
> colors for everything. There are also some examples that
> clearly don't work on a white background, such as using cyan.
> Or examples in a black background, such as using saturated blue.

As I've already mentioned, even the "dark" colors look very
bright on Terminal.app. I think the program's defaults are simply
bad. Within these constraints, I think it should be at least not
unusable.

> If we really want to reduce this to a pure question of favorite
> color themes, I'd propose to just take either Monokai or the
> Material UI theme. In various places those seem to come up as
> the two most popular themes, so using those is likely to be
> quite representative:
> https://atom.io/themes/list?direction=desc&sort=stars

Um, I don't think that's possible.
http://forum.dlang.org/post/dtlzlemqzfyozlekskdr@forum.dlang.org