Let's paint those bikesheds^Werror messages!

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 27 16:30:45 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 at 23:18:18 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> I mean if, by switching to more colors, we rule out few people,
> but are able to provide a much better value for the (presumed)
> majority of people with differently colored, but 256-color
> capable terminals, then it may still be worth the trade-off (as
> long as those other terminals don't get blown apart at least).

I suggest going a step further to true colors. It's supported by
at least [1]
- nearly all terminal emulators for Linux that can do 256 colors
(all libvte-based ones, e.g.)
- iterm2 and macterm for macOS
- mintty and Windows 10 bash console for Windows (10)

[1]
https://gist.github.com/XVilka/8346728#now-supporting-truecolour