Let's paint those bikesheds^Werror messages!

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 27 16:38:23 PDT 2017

Am 28.06.2017 um 01:24 schrieb Vladimir Panteleev:
> On Tuesday, 27 June 2017 at 23:18:18 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> I mean if, by switching to more colors, we rule out few people, but
>> are able to provide a much better value for the (presumed) majority of
>> people with differently colored, but 256-color capable terminals, then
>> it may still be worth the trade-off (as long as those other terminals
>> don't get blown apart at least).
>
> And Windows?

Good point, I forgot about that and it can definitely not be ignored. A
separate 16-color theme just on Windows, however, could still be an option.

I've posted a proposal with a very minimal use syntax coloring:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6943#issuecomment-311514309

Given the 16 color constraint, there were actually only a handful of
other permutations that made sense and that I could think of, as long as
readability was the goal.