regressions

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 30 09:44:54 PDT 2017

On Friday, 30 June 2017 at 12:48:12 UTC, Martin Krejcirik wrote:
> DMD, Phobos and Druntime open regressions over time:
>
> http://bid.iline.cz/~mk/tmp/regs.png
>
> Used to be stable, but seems to be getting worse since 2016.

I think this depends on your PoV. Thanks to the growing community
and more automation (Project-Tester, Martin's nightly build and
finally daily crons on Travis [1]), it's a lot easier to detect
regressions.

Btw, in case anyone wants to prevent regressions for their
project(s). There are two easy ways:

1) Add it to the Project-Tester which is run on _every_ PR for
{dmd,druntime,phobos} (-> make a PR to dlang/ci)
2) Enable daily crons [1] and add `dlang-nightly` to your list of
D compilers on Travis

[1] https://blog.travis-ci.com/2016-12-06-the-crons-are-here