WebAssembly design is done?

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 1 01:00:42 PST 2017

On 03/01/2017 03:46 AM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 at 21:50:11 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
>> What a long, roundabout path we've taken to end up back where we
>> started: shipping binaries in a sandboxed environment.
>
> Portable object-files is something that that people have tried to
> achieve since the 1980s, but vendors have always undermined it. If this
> goes through then it will be the first time we have a portable object
> files with backing of the major vendors. Even Microsoft.

If we could invent a technical way to screw over, underminine, and
completely replace corporate interests, it would be the single greatest
achievement in computing (not to mention economic theory), EVER.

Believe it it not, I'm still holding my breath for that, impossible
though it may be. Call me a dreamer. Or a nutjob ;) Same thing, I suspect ;)