WebAssembly design is done?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 1 02:15:53 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 1 March 2017 at 09:00:42 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> If we could invent a technical way to screw over, underminine,
> and completely replace corporate interests, it would be the
> single greatest achievement in computing (not to mention
> economic theory), EVER.

I bet Intel would have undermined WebAssembly if they were given
a chance. Now other CPU vendors (e.g. mobile) can strengthen
their position by making WebAssembly applications a target for
testing.

So, maybe the conclusion is: don't let corporations create
technology standards in their main domain, because then they try
to create monopolies and start misbehaving. Browsers is  a
side-line tech, so... this might have a chance..?