Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 1 06:34:59 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 28 February 2017 at 23:29:24 UTC, Jared Jeffries
wrote:
> I've read the answer to questions like "Which is the best
> programming language to learn in 2017?".
>
> Nobody was telling anything about D, which is really sad,
> because in my opinion D could be one of the best answers to
> this question.
>
> I've answered this question. Better late than never.
>
> I suggest that other "happy users" of this language do the
> same...

There's a reason stackoverflow and
softwareengineering.stackexchange delete these kinds of
questions: they're counter productive and can't actually be
answered.

The question "Which is the best programming language to learn in
2017" is one such question. It comes down strictly to opinion and
circumstance. Because of this, the "answers" are either answering
a different question or just ads for the user's favorite
language. It seems most of the top answers in that thread took
the question to mean "Which language would be most likely to get
me a job in 2017", which isn't the same.

Programming questions on Quora are the dumping ground for bad SO
questions.

Most D power users spend their time either on the IRC or on SO.