Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 1 09:25:07 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 1 March 2017 at 17:09:51 UTC, Jared Jeffries wrote:
> I'm not talking especially about Quora, even if I admit that
> it's on this forum that somebody advised me to learn D to
> improve my object oriented programming skills.
>
> I'm just saying that I think that D is de facto one of the best
> languages for beginners like me.
>
> A lot better than most mainstream language these forum are
> always promoting as the best starting programming language.
>
> So it's sad that D is ignored by so many young programmers,
> because when they do some research on google, like I did, there
> are too little chance they will find this advice.
>
> D is mainly known as a system programming language because it's
> indeed "C++ done well". But that's probably not enough to
> convince C++ addicts to try D, especially because of the
> garbage collector.
>
> But D is a great alternative to mainstream garbage collected
> languages like Java, C#, Javascript, PHP, etc.
>
> I think it should instead be advertised as the perfect language
> to learn programming and web development, because that's where
> it really shines, IMHO.

I agree. We have a lot to improve in terms of marketing.

Mainly our messaging is jumbled.

Rust = memory safety
Go = the best runtime around
D = everything I guess?

And the problem is that D is good at everything (IMO), so how do
we go about marketing to everyone without getting our messages
mixed up in the public's view.