Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 1 10:34:22 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 1 March 2017 at 17:09:51 UTC, Jared Jeffries wrote:

> I think it should instead be advertised as the perfect language
> to learn programming and web development, because that's where
> it really shines, IMHO.

I agree, but we need an intro to programming class using D as the
language in order to do that. Most of the materials for the
language assume you have programming experience. You can't just
say that D allows you to use pointers and other low-level
constructs, you have to explain what a pointer is and what you do
with it. The same goes for functional programming, OOP,
contracts, compile time, and so on. That's a big task. Ali's book
is great as an introduction to the language, but not really
sufficient as a beginning programming tutorial.