WebAssembly design is done?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 3 00:06:00 PST 2017

On Thursday, 2 March 2017 at 19:52:58 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
>> At some point there will be a resistance movement, forking one
>> of the
>> main browsers and building in collaborative blacklisting etc.
>
> I hope, but I'm skeptical. Big business is definitely headed
> very 1984, but that's happening less because of Orwellian
> control, and more because of mass apathy and widespread
> short-sighted self-interest (more Huxley than Orwell, from what
> I gather).

The general public has become more ignorant. I guess to a large
extent because of information overflow and the downfall of real
journalism (e.g. the old payment model is failing which means
media is converging on click-bait-ad-sales). A news story has to
run for several weeks now for anyone to take notice, otherwise it
will just drown in all the irrelevant noise (celebrity news and
what not).

> I also see certain issues with collaborative rankings - they
> can only be as intelligent as the average user, which often
> doesn't seem to be very much. And then there's other
> difficulties like this: https://xkcd.com/937/

I think it would be more like organizations like Amnesty
International and consumer rights organizations having the
ability to annotate websites and webpages with vetted information
about the content.