[OT] Re: Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

Jared Jeffries via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 3 11:49:06 PST 2017

> Yeah.  I am actually skeptical of the whole GUI koolaid.  I'm
> pretty sure having a GUI is not a necessity to implementing the
> equivalent functionality of an IDE in a text-mode editor.

Personally I'm using a mix of Geany, Coedit and Code::Blocks for
D development, depending on what I'm doing on that moment
(coding, fixing compilation errors or debugging).

All three IDE are fine, the GUI "koolaid" works well, and
moreover they start quickly on my venerable Linux laptop.

And I've heard that Visual D is nice too.

Obviously there are enough *FREE* efficient D IDE out there,
starting fast with just enough visual aid.

I think that the programming tutorial using D as the first
programming language is what is really need, and fortunately I
see that now it's on his way.

What D needs too is probably more "fame" on the beginners forums.

How can people start learning a language, if they don't even know
it exists, and perfectly fulfill their needs ?

To be well known, D just need that people talk about it more for
beginners.

D is not *just* a language for meta-programming experts and
execution speed addicts.

IMHO, it's also both the *simplest & complete* alternative to
C++, Java and C# out there for people learning OO programming.

That must be said on every forum, at each occasion.

Stop trying to convince only the expert programmers, most of them
are probably not interested in leaving their C++, Java or C#
language and IDE for D...