D street cred: Just a thought

Gerald via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 4 08:03:46 PST 2017

On Saturday, 4 March 2017 at 07:09:17 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> Perhaps...take a worthwhile C/C++ project with real potential,
> fork it, and port it to D. And make a real commitment to
> maintaining it. Obviously a bit of a gambit, granted, but the
> potential payout is improving a worthwhile tool's
> maintainability while showing off a real-world example of the
> benefits and practical worthiness of switching to D.
>
> Just a thought.

Maybe it's just me and this isn't to pick on you specifically,
but I'm getting tired of all of these threads where people tout
various ideas/actions as a way to improve D, make it more
popular, cure cancer, solve world hunger, etc with no actual
action by the original poster. If you feel strongly about it,
then follow the Nike slogan and "Just do it".