A few notes on the ddox-based documentation

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 4 19:01:28 PST 2017

On Sunday, 5 March 2017 at 01:47:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> * There's code coloring in inline code, which is a bit
> distracting. Syntax highlighting should be ideally limited to
> code blocks.

Yeah, I am coming around to agree with you on that too. I have
been playing with my highlight colors for the inline stuff... and
I'm not loving it. It *is* sometimes nice though, so before I
completely give up, I'm going to try changing to more subdued
colors in my generator (dpldocs.info), but I might just remove
the inline highlighter too.

I'm actually somewhat happy with the ddoc page style of just
bolding it...

> * Sometimes there is a space between "Checked" and "!" when the
> combination appears in running text. Other type names (such as
> Abort) also have an extra space following them in running text.

This is a css bug:

table.book tbody a
{
     padding-right: .6em;
}

Firefox tells me it is `style.css` line 1,000. Surely the intent
of that was to pad out submodule tables on

https://dlang.org/phobos-prerelease/std_algorithm.html

for example. But the same declaration also affects those ddox
links, and some ddoc links as well, such as:

https://dlang.org/phobos-prerelease/std_algorithm_sorting.html

See the chain () space near the top, same thing.

That css rule is WAY too general.