D street cred: Just a thought

XavierAP via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 5 06:27:28 PST 2017

On Sunday, 5 March 2017 at 05:45:19 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
> 1. DRuntime has not stable ABI between versions
> 2. DRuntime has not stable ABI between compilers

Anyone can shed light on why this is so? Is there just too much
evolution at the moment that the ABI needs to be constantly
updated? Or was there a failure to include sufficient ABI, name
mangling etc. rules into the specificiation? Can this be expected
to change in the foreseeable future?

> slow.

This reminds me my last discussion with the C++ guru at work...
Every complaint of mine against the language, he argued against
in terms of performance. I felt every argument of this could be
reused to abandon C++ in favor of C (which would make me happy
lol).