Of the use of unpredictableSeed

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 5 07:30:29 PST 2017

On 03/05/2017 05:48 AM, cym13 wrote:
> The problem, if anything, is in the documentation that doesn't enforce
> that point.

Thanks. Could we have you, Yishan, or other security expert submit a PR
for the documentation? I'm not an expert and my coding of
unpredictableSeed has been at the level of "I don't like those games
that always do the same `random` things when you start playing."

Another good thing pointed by the article would be to use the Mersenne
twister for unpredictableSeed, which would make it difficult to infer
the sequence from a few samples. Please share if that would be a good
thing to do.

Thanks! -- Andrei