Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 5 12:26:03 PST 2017

On 03/05/2017 12:12 PM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-03-04 at 09:29 +0000, Patrick Schluter via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
>>
>> TL;DR
>> The big issue with IDE's is that they become part of the projects
>> themselves.
>
> I thought this sort of crap had gone out with the naughties. Any modern
> project uses something such as CMake, SCons, Meson, Gradle, etc. and
> the IDEs have plugins to generate the projects from the build system
> specifications. This is certainly true for all the JetBrains and
> Eclipse systems I use. As soon as you have to start defining the
> project in the IDE you are on to a total loser. So I am agreeing that
> the experience outlined above is wrong, but I am also saying I have not
> had that experience with IDEs in the last five years or more.

It's true for Unity3D, unless you count msbuild/xbuild as being along
the same lines as cmake/etc (and even then, I'm not sure how much I'd
trust Unity not to mess with hand-edits to the msbuild files...but that
fear is mainly just because Unity is very block-boxy when it comes to
project building - although not as badly black-boxed as Marmalade's
build process last I looked at it, but that was awhile ago).