Let's kill the ddoc _name feature.

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 5 20:32:45 PST 2017

On 03/05/2017 10:58 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Have you ever seen how _ddoc has a bunch of random names prefixed with
> underscores throughout the source? Or ever used _ddoc and found random
> words italicized?

[...excellently stated argument snipped...]

> I propose that we kill it [...]
> what say yall?

I'm tempted to raise a pitchfork and unleash a bloodcurdling "kill it
with fire!!!", but honestly, I actually don't especially care whether
ddoc fixes this or not.

And why don't I care? For one reason and one reason only:

If it's fixed, then great, but if not...well, there's enough I dislike
about ddoc anyway that I've already resigned to the idea that a few
years from now, I very well may not be using it anyway, but rather some
replacement (quite possibly yours, now that I've actually taken a look
and find it to be very similar to what I had already started planning
out in my head).

If people want ddoc to be really good and widely used, then yes, "hear
hear". But in all honestly, I'd rather just switch to something else or
even write my own than try to change minds on ddoc (or ddox) matters.