Let's kill the ddoc _name feature.

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 5 21:27:12 PST 2017

On Monday, March 06, 2017 03:58:11 Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Have you ever seen how _ddoc has a bunch of random names prefixed
> with underscores throughout the source? Or ever used _ddoc and
> found random words italicized?

> But I consider step one to be an absolute must, this "feature"
> has been a minor, but constant annoyance to most ddoc users I
> have talked to, and step two to be a REALLY nice thing to do.
>
> what say yall?

My big problem with how it currently works with ddoc is it seems way too
ad-hoc with regards to when something is highlighted or not. I'd much rather
have it never highlighted and then have to add the macros to do it manually.
Right now, without actually looking at the resulting documentation, I'm
never sure whether certain things are going to be highlighted or not. I
expect that if I spent more time trying to get documentation just right, I'd
be much more familiar with how it really works, but as it stands, I suspect
that a lot of the documentation I write has stuff highlighted when it
shouldn't be or not highlighted when it should be.

- Jonathan M Davis