[OT] Re: Why don't you advertise more your language on Quora etc ?

bpr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 6 09:12:24 PST 2017

On Monday, 6 March 2017 at 16:42:50 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> Writing up a detailed example with code showing how to avoid
> the GC in the most common situations, posting it on Reddit, and
> then making it easy to find on dlang.org would be a good start.
> Given the importance of these issues, it should be one of the
> first things you see on the homepage.

That's a great idea. In fact, I'd like to see multiple examples,
with many different approaches to manual memory management, going
over the common problems (e.g. "How do I do a writefln in a @nogc
block?") and how to solve them in idiomatic D. Something like
Rust's guide to unsafe programming. This set of examples could be
extended as the upcoming DIPs dealing with resource management
make it into D compilers.