Zcoin implementation bug enabled attacker to create 548, 000 Zcoins

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 6 22:06:45 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 7 March 2017 at 05:44:49 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> https://makebitcoingreatagain.wordpress.com/2017/02/18/is-the-zcoin-bug-in-checktransaction/#update6
>
> The error is here:
>

> https://github.com/zcoinofficial/zcoin/blob/81a667867b5d8489...
>
> and the line of code:
>
>     zccoinSpend.denomination == libzerocoin::ZQ_LOVELACE;
>
> In other words, a statement with no effect. In D, such a line
> gives an error, not a warning:
>
>     Error: == has no effect in expression

To be fair, this also would have been caught with proper testing
... which obviously didn't happen.

OT from D:

Run screaming in the other direction of this shit. For this to
pass through I wouldn't trust these devs with $10, let alone any
of my financial security. I still have trust issues with
coinbase, let alone some fly-by-night custom bitcoin derivative.