Spotted on twitter: Rust user enthusiastically blogs about moving to D

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 7 12:44:26 PST 2017

On 03/07/2017 12:52 PM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 March 2017 at 12:53:42 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> D's arrays are sane, consistent, and logically intuitive even
>> accounting for the "determinism issue". I've never understood why this
>> behavior is surprising - it's exactly what I'd expect. But then I
>> don't program in a way that it's relevant, so maybe I don't understand
>> how it matters.
>
> It is horrible. It is something you only would expect from a hacky
> scripting language. No ifs or buts.

I found it horribly scary at first myself, but what surprised me is that
in all the years I've used D, I've never hit an problem resulting from
that, not even once.

I admit I can't even begin to explain *why* it's never turned out to be
a problem for me though. (And now, *that* is the part that bothers me a
little.)

Filed, in my brain at least, under "Strange but True".