Clarification on D.

aberba via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 8 12:00:54 PST 2017

I don't really have much experience with large code base, so
spare me.

 From a technical and experience point of view (those with
experience in large D code-base), how is only D's GC & optional
MMM a significant production-use blocker?

  (To make my problem clear, how is D's current state not going to
allow / make it so difficult for developers (who know what they
are doing) to write say Photoshop-scale software: excluding those
*so* realtime use cases?)

Note: I understand that D is never going without critics:
perfection is impossible. And, in my line of work, I highly
prefer the safety of GC compared to MMM... so I don't see myself
worried about GC pauses.

I hope my question makes sense.