Spotted on twitter: Rust user enthusiastically blogs about moving to D

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 8 13:59:29 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 7 March 2017 at 19:07:29 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 7 March 2017 at 03:04:05 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> https://z0ltan.wordpress.com/2017/02/21/goodbye-rust-and-hello-d/
>
> This reenforces my estimation that the most persuasive feature
> of any language is the ability to get shit done. That's not a
> positive value judgement on that focus however. The argument
> probably should side on the ability to make safe/correct
> programs _while also_ creating them quickly.

That's the beauty of D. You can get shit done in an elegant and
pragmatic way. The only downside is that one is tempted to spend
too much time on making it even more elegant, but if you're
pressed for time you can always come back later. It's only when I
deal with other languages that I realize how many nice little
features D has that make things so much easier. Features that are
easy to use and produce cleaner, more compact code.