Clarification on D.

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 9 03:52:42 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 8 March 2017 at 20:00:54 UTC, aberba wrote:
> From a technical and experience point of view (those with
> experience in large D code-base), how is only D's GC & optional
> MMM a significant production-use blocker?

This is mostly a psychological effect of C++ folks having
aversion to any GC.

>  (To make my problem clear, how is D's current state not going
> to allow / make it so difficult for developers (who know what
> they are doing) to write say Photoshop-scale software:
> excluding those *so* realtime use cases?)

I don't think there's really a problem there. Although not quite
Photoshop-scale, but these video and photo processing apps were
made in D without any problems:
http://www.infognition.com/VideoEnhancer/
http://www.infognition.com/blogsort/

(and they aren't even @nogc)