How can D Forum load so fast?

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 10 03:02:46 PST 2017

On Friday, 10 March 2017 at 08:05:27 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> On Friday, 10 March 2017 at 07:51:30 UTC, Anon wrote:
>> The whole webpage https://forum.dlang.org/ has only 300KB in
>> size. It not only supports mobile devices, but also loads much
>> faster than general modern web pages.
>>
>> How can they achieve such result?
>
> By not using tons of java-script libraries.

I use vibe.d and very little JS (mainly my own) for new projects.
If I do something with vibe.d instead of JS it's infinitely more
elegant and efficient. But you cannot do without JS. Sometimes
it's handy, sometimes it's easier to change things on the fly,
you can include things with a simple reference to a script etc.
But heavy reliance on JS is a recipe for disaster. Not only does
your code become unmaintainable, you always have issues with
different browsers (mobile vs. desktop etc.)