Rename 'D' to 'D++'

Bastiaan Veelo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 10 10:48:09 PST 2017

On Friday, 10 March 2017 at 15:16:56 UTC, Traktor TOni wrote:
> D has chosen to use the naming scheme of C and as such it
> should be honest and use D++ because that's what D is: An
> expanded version of the former language.

"D is C++ done right", that used to be one of D's slogans. It
doesn't mean that is sees itself as being branched off of C++
though. I see it as being branched off of C, with similar
intentions as had Bjarne Stroustrup, but making better choices
and thereby, arguably, taking a bigger leap forward. So, I think
"D" fits perfectly, any "++" suffix makes no sense to me.

You say D is an expanded version of C++. I think it's more an
expanded version of C, surpassing C++.