CTFE Status 2

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 10 11:25:38 PST 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 11:32:14AM +0000, Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 February 2017 at 21:05:51 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> > [ ... ]
>
> Time for an update.
>
> I am currently working on integrating 64bit values into codegen API.
> However, a backend may not have native 64bit registers or arithmetic
> (the x86/arm architectures come to mind) For those a common fallback
> is to be implemented such that not every architecture has to implement
> their 64bit arithmetic on their own.

Makes sense to me.

> Also work is underway to finally support slicing, which is crucial to
> using phobos algorithms.

This is awesome news!  Glad to hear there's steady progress being made
on the new CTFE engine.  Can't wait for it to be done and merged into
master!  There are so many awesome things I wanna do with CTFE that
currently would be unacceptably slow.  Can't wait to take D compile-time
capabilities to a whole 'nother level!

"A one-question geek test. If you get the joke, you're a geek: Seen on a California license plate on a VW Beetle: 'FEATURE'..." -- Joshua D. Wachs - Natural Intelligence, Inc.