Rename 'D' to 'D++'

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 10 11:53:52 PST 2017

On 03/10/2017 11:43 AM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> On Friday, 10 March 2017 at 19:15:49 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>> C++11 was a big step forward for C++ that closed the gap with D. At
>> the time, it felt to me like they copied everything from D but now I
>> know that programming language ideas are everywhere and it's hard to
>> pinpoint who borrowed what from whom.
>
> It is rather obvious that D2 leans heavily on pre-C++11... Not sure what
> C++11 would have borrowed from D though.

Browsing here:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B11

- constexpr (a poor man's CTFE)
- Type inference
- Range-based for
- Lambdas
- Ability to call constructors from constructors
- (Not sure about D timeline here) Explicit overrides and final
- Null pointer constant
- Strongly typed enumerations
- Explicit conversion operators
- Template aliases
- Variadic templates
- ...

At this point it feels like copying almost the entire list so I stop. :)

Ali