CTFE Status 2

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 11 11:42:01 PST 2017

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 02:39:54PM +0000, Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Contrary to the old interpreter no copies are made.
> newCTFE slices reference memory just as runtime slices do.
[...]

Awesome!  This alone ought to greatly expand the scope of what's
feasible in CTFE.  Now I really can't wait to see this merged into
master. :-)

English has the lovely word "defenestrate", meaning "to execute by throwing someone out a window", or more recently "to remove Windows from a computer and replace it with something useful". :-) -- John Cowan