ranges of characters and the overabundance of traits that go with them

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 12 10:22:09 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 12 March 2017 at 09:26:08 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> and in that case, we're stuck doing _something_ to accept the
> implicit conversions, or we break code.

Sorry wrote that at 4 in the morning. Should have been clearer.

I'm saying we should, at best, offer an overload for alias
this-ed structs only temporarily as a deprecated function. As I
mentioned, I don't like these hacks, and in reality Phobos
requires a lot more of them in order to be regression free. They
also clutter up the code and docs.